Uploaded image for project: 'IGB'
  1. IGB
  2. IGBF-2367

Investigate: Why do images look broken in Genome Dashboard?

    Details

    • Type: New Feature
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      This may be very tough to fix without access to a Mac!

      I noticed that when I view the Genome Dashboard using Safari, some of the images are replaced with a "broken" image icon.

      See attached for an example.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          aloraine Ann Loraine added a comment -

          Affects:

          • soybean image - Glycine max
          • Yeast SC - candida albicans
          Show
          aloraine Ann Loraine added a comment - Affects: soybean image - Glycine max Yeast SC - candida albicans
          Hide
          sameer Sameer Shanbhag (Inactive) added a comment - - edited

          Hi Prof. Ann Loraine

          I was looking into the issue, the same problem was with most of the IOS devise/ Mac Devices. The two images you mentioned were not in the right format (Some problems with pixel encoding). Hence when I tried to download the image in my Mac system as well as my IPad I was not able to open the image with the image viewer as well. This problem is completely mac specific / safari specific in that case. Chrome is able to render things perfectly as it uses V8 engine which is common for mac as well as windows to load a website.

          I have changed the formating of the two images which were problematic and uploaded the image in the repository. I have also tested it on Mac devices and it works fine.

          Bitbucket Commit:

          The code can be pushed. This issue is completely random and can be replicated if we find any similar image having that formatting. Majority of the images will work fine so it's not a big issue.

          Show
          sameer Sameer Shanbhag (Inactive) added a comment - - edited Hi Prof. Ann Loraine I was looking into the issue, the same problem was with most of the IOS devise/ Mac Devices. The two images you mentioned were not in the right format (Some problems with pixel encoding). Hence when I tried to download the image in my Mac system as well as my IPad I was not able to open the image with the image viewer as well. This problem is completely mac specific / safari specific in that case. Chrome is able to render things perfectly as it uses V8 engine which is common for mac as well as windows to load a website. I have changed the formating of the two images which were problematic and uploaded the image in the repository. I have also tested it on Mac devices and it works fine. Bitbucket Commit: https://bitbucket.org/sshanbh1/genome-dashboard/commits/0f3540a68c378cc4dc9c3242d4bfe1a8993c2c98 The code can be pushed. This issue is completely random and can be replicated if we find any similar image having that formatting. Majority of the images will work fine so it's not a big issue.
          Hide
          aloraine Ann Loraine added a comment -

          Updated Loraine Lab repository with new commits and deployed to test.bioviz.org.

          Inspected the site using Safari Web browser.

          The two affected images are now fixed.

          Moving to closed.

          Show
          aloraine Ann Loraine added a comment - Updated Loraine Lab repository with new commits and deployed to test.bioviz.org. Inspected the site using Safari Web browser. The two affected images are now fixed. Moving to closed.

            People

            • Assignee:
              sameer Sameer Shanbhag (Inactive)
              Reporter:
              aloraine Ann Loraine
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: