Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:Spring 8 : 24 Apr to 8 May, Spring 8 : 11 May to 25 May, Spring 9 : 25 May to 8 Jun
Genome Dashboard has a very nice feature that lets me open a list of all the available genome versions for a species, including the latest one.
Next to the name of some – but not all – genome versions listed there, I see an "i" (for "information") symbol.
This is great, but it could be improved!
First, it's a bit confusing as to why sometimes there is an "i" and sometimes not.
Also, it is not clear how I'm supposed to use the "i" graphic. If I click it, it does not show me information (as I expected) but instead either displays an error message or opens a new genome in IGB. However, if I hover the mouse over it, a word-balloon-like graphic appears with the "tail" of the balloon pointing to the middle of the genome name, not the "i". So that is a bit confusing. The first time I saw it, I wondered what I had done to make it appear because it was not connected visually to the "i" graphic.
Can you make the following changes?
1) Change the "word balloon" graphic so that the pointy end points directly at the "i". The word should be centered on top of the "i" to make it clear which part of the UI has triggered its appearance.
2) If the user clicks the "i", display the the word balloon graphic.
3) If the user clicks anywhere else on the menu, open the requested genome in IGB.
4) At the top of the word balloon, display in different color font the label "Names for this genome version include: " and then list the names (synonyms) starting with the IGB name.
5) List each name on its own line to improve readability. Don't worry if this makes the word balloon too tall. We will do a better job of curating all the names - many of them are obsolete and can be safely deleted from the synonyms.txt file on the master IGB branch.
Let's change this so that there is always an "i" (for "information") next to every genome name.